"I have a special love for him" - Samuel Eto'o picks "best in the world" as his Ballon d'Or 2021 winner


Former Barcelona star Samuel Eto'o has backed Lionel Messi to win the 2021 Ballon d'Or award. The Cameroonian striker feels the PSG superstar is still the best player in the world and insists he has a "special love" for his former team-mate.


Eto'o joined Barcelona back in 2004 and his time at the club coincided with the meteoric rise of Messi. The duo enjoyed plenty of moments in a Blaugrana shirt and Eto'o considers Messi to be his little brother.In an exclusive interview with Spanish publication MARCA, Eto'o opened up on his favorite to win the 2021 Ballon d'Or:

"Always Messi, who is like a little brother to me. I appreciate him very much as a person and as a player ... I watched him grow up and I have a special love for him. For me he is still the best in the world."

"If we remove Leo, there are others that I like, like Benzema. He is a player that I love. Cristiano has left and he has carried the equipment behind him."

Comments